AmeriCorps Team to Support Immigrant Students and Families in Lynn
We are thrilled to announce that we will be deploying a team of 15 AmeriCorps members in Lynn Public Schools and partner agencies over the next 3 years, beginning Fall 2013. The team will provide key support services and ensure a holistic approach throughout the community to reduce the barriers to academic success among immigrant children and their families, with the overall goal of reducing the dropout rate among these students.
Totaling an investment of nearly $1 million in the City of Lynn, the program is funded by a grant from the Massachusetts Service Alliance (MSA) and the Corporation for National Community Service (CNCS) for $189,000 per year for 3 years, plus a United Way match of $227,000 per year.
We are currently seeking applicants for the positions listed below. To apply, please submit a completed program application and a resume, directly to the host site of interest. If you are interested in multiple positions, please contact Natasha Noel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family & Children Services: Position FILLED
- New American Center: Position FILLED
- Lynn YMCA: AmeriCorps Literacy Leader: Position FILLED
- Operation Bootstrap: Position FILLED
- Catholic Charities North: Position FILLED
- Girls Inc of Lynn: Position FILLED
- Lynn YMCA: Position FILLED
- Big Brother Big Sister: Position FILLED