>PART 4: Afterschool Program Planning Questions
PART 4: Afterschool Program Planning Questions
- List each of the recommended actions identified in Part 3 in the table provided.
- Use the five-point scales defined below to rank each action on the following five dimensions: Importance, Cost, Time, Commitment, and Feasibility.
- Add the ranking points for each action to get total points.
Commitment: How enthusiastic would your afterschool community be about implementing the action?
- 5 = Very enthusiastic
- 3 = Moderately enthusiastic
- 1 = Not enthusiastic
Feasibility: How difficult would it be to implement the action?
- 5 = Not difficult
- 3 = Moderately difficult
- 1 = Very difficult
Time: How much time and effort would it take to implement the action?
- 5 = Little or no time and effort
- 3 = Moderate
- 1 = Much time and effort
Cost: How expensive would it be to plan and implement the action?
- 5 = Not Expensive
- 3 = Moderately Expensive
- 1 = Very Expensive
Importance: How Important is the action to my afterschool program?
- 5 = Very Important
- 3 = Moderately Important
- 1 = Not Important
|Recommended Actions||Commitment||Feasibility||Time||Cost||Importance||Total Points|
- Use the total points calculated above to help you choose one, two, or at most three top-priority actions that you can take to improve your afterschool program.
- Keep this document. (This should be the job of the group leader).
- Next year, when you revisit and reevaluate your program using these tools, you will be able to see if you have made the improvements you are aiming to make.