Our Goal: Ensure that all families have the resources and opportunities to attain financial stability.
- Family homelessness is at an all-time high. This includes more than 17,000 children.
- One in four working families in Massachusetts doesn’t earn enough to cover basic costs of living.
- One third of adult workers in Massachusetts lack the skills necessary to compete in an increasingly high-tech, knowledge-based economy.
Our Approach: United Way supports programs and organizations that help families meet their basic needs, attain safe and affordable housing, and jobs that pay family sustaining wages.Our Strategy:
- Increase the number of families able to access housing search and retention services
- Increase affordable housing development and preservation
- Increase the number of low to moderate income individuals who have access to skills training and job placement
- Improve financial education and counseling services