“United Way’s Women’s Leadership Council has given me the opportunity to meet and engage with incredible women while creating positive change in the community.”
Founded and led by women, United Way’s Women’s Leadership Council (WLC) honors the power and influence of women in philanthropy. For 20 years, WLC members have been coming together to help create the next generation of leaders.
Throughout the year, the WLC offers more than 20 events, including fun networking opportunities, inspiring educational events, and hands-on volunteer experiences.
In the last year, the women:
- Collected 1,500 books in multiple languages to donate to local child care and early education programs;
- Mentored United Way scholarship students, providing guidance on college, academics, internships, and careers;
- Held an annual Community Baby Shower that has provided hundreds of mothers with the resources they need to support their child.
Other ways for women to get involved
- WINGS (Women Investing in the Next Generation), a group of younger professional women within the WLC, focused on mentoring and supporting future leaders.
- Women In Action, the women’s leadership group focused on our North Shore region.
- Women’s Leadership Council of the Greater Seacoast, a regional women’s group focused on the New Hampshire Seacoast area.
For more information about joining Women’s Leadership, contact Alicia Adamson at email@example.com.